League of Legends Corner
Please log in to enjoy the full features of this forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

League of Legends Corner
Please log in to enjoy the full features of this forum!
League of Legends Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Letting carries get player kills [Debate]

+2
Rahbek er Gud
daveiv
6 posters

Go down

Letting carries get player kills [Debate] Empty Letting carries get player kills [Debate]

Post by daveiv Sat Feb 12 2011, 03:59

Right i see a lot of people stating that carries should be let get kills by tanks/support

hmh

im arguing against this, saying carries need player kills equally as much as support and the tank

Why?

Carries should be farming the solo lanes, and being allowed to farm they should have about 100 cs by the 10th minute.

Who gets the kill; Support dont take cs in the laning phase. They let the bot carry farm and harass the other carry / support on the bot lane. If they can net a kill, they can buy more items (gold farming ones/supporting items) to help them support their carries a bit more. If a support is giving off an aura that helps a carry regen health or mana, or cdr, then the support is helping the carries kill as well as saving the carries lives.

Tanks, they need Creeps. Big time. They also need as much money as they can to spend on items that will help them protect their carries from AC's (Anticarries) and the enemy carries and tank.

Carries with kills can carry better, but you cant carry if your tank is dead, because you will die. (Assuming of course that all are of equal skill level, with good positioning; if there isnt a tank in the way, you will die)

Admittedly, carries should be competent in farming. People seem to have this misconception that carries need all the gold and tank and support need 0.

daveiv
Dedicated Forumer
Dedicated Forumer

Forum Points : 14

Back to top Go down

Letting carries get player kills [Debate] Empty Re: Letting carries get player kills [Debate]

Post by Rahbek er Gud Sat Feb 12 2011, 04:08

It's a rule of thumb I would say. If the tank/support falls behind you're fucked as you stated, but if everybody is closely up to par, the Carry should get the kills.

But I hate people stating that I shouldn't have taken the kill because I'm tank, when I could see that X character running to flash/dash or just simply escape and our carry was unable to do anything about it <.<
Rahbek er Gud
Rahbek er Gud
Spammer
Spammer

Forum Points : 11

Back to top Go down

Letting carries get player kills [Debate] Empty Re: Letting carries get player kills [Debate]

Post by FarSeerPT Sat Feb 12 2011, 04:39

The carries should get the kills, its true, tanks should be able to farm too, why is it that they take solo lanes more often ? ( solo top obviously )

The assists give gold too, and obviously, all tanks kill now and then, but its less important.
Cuz if a tank goes in and they kill him, but the carries spam their spells, that team has an advantage, cuz probably their team is dead/half dead, not the contrary isn't that good.
FarSeerPT
FarSeerPT
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Forum Points : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramaladni Sat Feb 12 2011, 05:20

Carries need player kills for gold to CARRY you and book/sword stacks.

I hope that you're not the tank/support that says ''omg killsteal noob'' when we 2v1 someone.

Then they spend 10 minutes arguing that they need gold for items, and not wards.

Ramaladni
Well Known
Well Known

Forum Points : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullswag Sat Feb 12 2011, 05:24

I don't hope you're the guy who starts telling the support and tanks off when they haven't bought 20+ wards, because they're allready damn low on money Smile

not saying they shouldn't buy wards at all, but imo it's the carries and dps job to buy the bulk of them (yet they never seem to buy a single one :S)
Bullswag
Bullswag

Forum Points : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Ramaladni Sat Feb 12 2011, 10:06

Bullswag wrote:I don't hope you're the guy who starts telling the support and tanks off when they haven't bought 20+ wards, because they're allready damn low on money Smile

not saying they shouldn't buy wards at all, but imo it's the carries and dps job to buy the bulk of them (yet they never seem to buy a single one :S)

I play mostly support and tanks, actually.

When I go mid, I always ward the two river brushes, but if we need a baron/dragon and bot/top brushes wards, the support should buy them and not the guy that needs items to carry.

If there's no support in my lane I'll buy the ward myself.

Ramaladni
Well Known
Well Known

Forum Points : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiv Sat Feb 12 2011, 15:01

The carries need items, but the supports need items to support and the tanks need items to tank.

Wards are hardly expensive and not the issue here.

Its the items these players need to do their jobs, carries need items but carries should be farming all game anyway. True story. If your not farming all game as a carry apart from teamfights or ganks your doing something wrong.

Game is just a freefarm frenzy and successful ganks slightly deprive the other team of farm, allowing your lanes to farm more and in a safer environment.

daveiv
Dedicated Forumer
Dedicated Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rahbek er Gud Sat Feb 12 2011, 15:21

Support should buy the bulk of wards indeed, though carries and tanks should grab some whenever possible as they are always good to have, and they don't cost a lot.

Support can't run around all-over the map to place wards, they have to farm and support too Razz
Rahbek er Gud
Rahbek er Gud
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiv Sun Feb 13 2011, 02:56

Rahbek er Gud wrote:Support should buy the bulk of wards indeed, though carries and tanks should grab some whenever possible as they are always good to have, and they don't cost a lot.

Support can't run around all-over the map to place wards, they have to farm and support too Razz

however in the first 15 minutes of any game, the support leaves the cs to the carries.

daveiv
Dedicated Forumer
Dedicated Forumer

Back to top Go down

Post by Rahbek er Gud Sun Feb 13 2011, 03:36

daveiv wrote:
Rahbek er Gud wrote:Support should buy the bulk of wards indeed, though carries and tanks should grab some whenever possible as they are always good to have, and they don't cost a lot.

however in the first 15 minutes of any game, the support leaves the cs to the carries.

yep, and in these minutes, there will not be use of more than 2-4 crucial wards (at a time). Later the amount increases somewhat.
Rahbek er Gud
Rahbek er Gud
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Shaco Sun Feb 13 2011, 05:15

if the carries farms faster than the enemy team it will mean the damage output is a huge difference

it's like comparing ashe with black cleaver against ashe with b.f. sword only

your tanks/supports should do the job & aim for kills EARLY while the damage from them is still high

if not then 20+ assists should help a lot

there is items like heart of gold which helps the tank getting gold
philosopher stones helps supports to keep their lanestaying but also grants gold
Shaco
Shaco
Famous
Famous

Forum Points : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by FarSeerPT Sun Feb 13 2011, 05:49

Shaco wrote:if the carries farms faster than the enemy team it will mean the damage output is a huge difference

it's like comparing ashe with black cleaver against ashe with b.f. sword only

your tanks/supports should do the job & aim for kills EARLY while the damage from them is still high

if not then 20+ assists should help a lot

there is items like heart of gold which helps the tank getting gold
philosopher stones helps supports to keep their lanestaying but also grants gold

This

Also, tanks have abilities that target alot of enemies in it ( maphs ult, amumus ult, galios ult etc... even shens taunt and rammus ult make it in the list ) so they are made to get many assists and ofc 1/2 kills in teamfights.

Now, dont be a malph that doesn't use shard, then when your carry has red buff and chasing a low hp char and its almost in the 100hp mark , you use the shard to get the kill, or even worse, when they save the ult just to get it. Sometimes thats what happens, so thats why people complain.
FarSeerPT
FarSeerPT
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Forum Points : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down