League of Legends Corner
Please log in to enjoy the full features of this forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

League of Legends Corner
Please log in to enjoy the full features of this forum!
League of Legends Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My personal opinion.

5 posters

Go down

My personal opinion. Empty My personal opinion.

Post by Lolkers Sun Feb 06 2011, 13:28

A few minutes ago I came to an ephinany. I was reviewing my last ranked match in my head like I do every time (one which I won with a bad score, but not the point). I was thinking about what my team's Irelia kept doing. When a teamfight started, she would just focus on 1 single target, and when that target dropped below a certain range and would naturally take a few steps back or run altogether, Irelia would wholeheartedly chase that target down, leaving the teamfight and focusing on the enemy 100%.

Now, before you jump to conclusions, i'm not judging Irelia at all. Infact, this is something i'm sure we all did/do from time to time. We just really wanna get that kill, and when we drop a target low, we wanna finish the job, even if the other 4 guys are still very much alive and kicking.

What it made me think, however, is: What IS our goal in teamfights?

Well, obviously I could name the first 2 off the top of my head:
1. Killing off the enemy team to get gold and get more items so we can keep killing them and get MORE items etc etc etc.
2. Killing off the enemy team so that we can push their turrets and ultimatly the nexus, hence winning the game.

Again, don't jump to conclusions. I agree with those goals 100%, since they both, in eventuality, lead to victory (if you succeed).

However, those goals aren't the only ones that should be pursued. I know we all love getting our endgame builds and not having to care about gold etc, but something people seem to not understand (or choose to forget during matches) is that items don't last. As soon as the game ends, they vanish, and you get no bonuses for getting your endgame build (IP, RP or ELO). We ALSO love having that nifty 5:1 KDA written in our match history, but THAT fades away aswell (either by time or by playing more games).

The point i'm trying to convey is, killing the enemy shouldn't be your only concern. Your goal should also be, well, WINNING. No matter how many times you die, if it wins you the match, it's worth it (Hi, tanks). No matter how many times you let the low HP enemy away and only get the assists from the teamfight, it's worth it as long as it wins you the match (Hi, chasers).

Think of it this way, if you let that low HP champ get away and run right back into the teamfight, your TEAM will win the battle, not just you. And if your team wins, you win. It's as simple as that.

We pointed out the 2 main goals of teamfights, and I would like to add some more of my own:

3. Making the enemy team flee, giving you enough time to push a turret/kill the dragon/kill baron nashor/farm, or even save your teammate.
4. Demoralizing the enemy team by beating them up, even if you don't kill them.
5. Scaring the enemy and demotivating them from starting future teamfights.

Those 3 goals are generally overlooked, and the result is 2 people chasing 1 target in order to get 1 kill, while 3 others struggle vs 4 in the teamfight. Focusing an enemy is good, but knowing when to cut off a chase is also important. Your goal is ultimately to destroy the nexus, and if 4 people are still alive and beefy in the middle of the teamfight, that one squishy's death won't make that job easier.

Yeah, I posted this on the official forums too, we're not the only ones who should benefit from a troll-free game right?

Lolkers
Admin
Admin

Forum Points : 100012

http://eulol.phpbb9.com

Back to top Go down

My personal opinion. Empty Re: My personal opinion.

Post by Rahbek er Gud Sun Feb 06 2011, 13:55

Yeah. Too many people greed on random lowhealth targets while some carry is still unleashing hell on said persons team.

I for one have done i numerous time in the youth of my LoL career and still does from time to time, though in a much smaller number.

Since I began playing tanks, I've not done it much as I always concentrate on making the enemies carry damn me to hell, or protecting one of our carries from their brutal offtank trying to rape his/her face. I found out that it wins teamfights and ultimately games.

As has been stated in a million discussions before is that it is about winning (and having fun) and all means within the game should be used to do just that. Your KDA might be great, but your team is dieing all over the place as you do not help them, and thus loosing the match.

The power of premades are so worth it to find someone to play with. You can atleast tell people to get their killhungry asses back into formation.

As you said you need to do one or several of the things you listed as goals in a teamfight in order to win (or atleast not loose) said teamfight and if everyone of the 5 player commits to their specific role in this fight you might win and in the end win the game and possibly have a nice KDA aswell!

[u]
Rahbek er Gud
Rahbek er Gud
Spammer
Spammer

Forum Points : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Denjiro Sun Feb 06 2011, 14:37

Unless you actually can catch up with the guy you're chasing (i.e. more movement speed, higher range, CC...) then it's just completely retarded to chase someone, fail to kill him while leaving the rest to a 4v4 when you could've turned it into a 5v4 and easily killed the rest off.

The main priority is to finish off as many enemies as possible to get a solid chance of pushing their towers, but if people think 1 kill which they want just for themselves > helping your team to win the team fight, they aren't thinking logically.

~Den
Denjiro
Denjiro

Forum Points : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by FarSeerPT Sun Feb 06 2011, 15:49

Well, the lesson is that, greed isn't always the best option.

Specially in teamfights.
FarSeerPT
FarSeerPT
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Forum Points : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiv Mon Feb 07 2011, 18:22

Greed is so damn common.

daveiv
Dedicated Forumer
Dedicated Forumer

Forum Points : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Rahbek er Gud Tue Feb 08 2011, 01:01

daveiv wrote:Greed is so damn common.

Indeed. like overextending lanes...
Rahbek er Gud
Rahbek er Gud
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by FarSeerPT Tue Feb 08 2011, 05:53

Everyone makes mistakes, sometimes people just do a bad game, and so, they overextend stupidly and even go on a greed strike and die Mad
FarSeerPT
FarSeerPT
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rahbek er Gud Tue Feb 08 2011, 07:09

FarSeerPT wrote:Everyone makes mistakes, sometimes people just do a bad game, and so, they overextend stupidly and even go on a greed strike and die Mad

The difference between a good and bad player is that the good one knows when he fucks up, and a bad don't.

If you know whenn you fuck up, you probably won't do that mistake again. That's in theory.
Rahbek er Gud
Rahbek er Gud
Spammer
Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by FarSeerPT Tue Feb 08 2011, 13:08

Rahbek er Gud wrote:
FarSeerPT wrote:Everyone makes mistakes, sometimes people just do a bad game, and so, they overextend stupidly and even go on a greed strike and die Mad

The difference between a good and bad player is that the good one knows when he fucks up, and a bad don't.

If you know whenn you fuck up, you probably won't do that mistake again. That's in theory.

True Wink
FarSeerPT
FarSeerPT
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by daveiv Sat Feb 12 2011, 15:07

I just won a game going 2/8/6 as shaco

had a really bad early cuz i didnt have the right rune page (was using my sion one which is full crit)

died to lizard, got ganked twice in jungle, and spent the rest of the game with oracles, planting wards all over the map, pushing lanes and generally being an annoyance.

I died a few times in the process but giving my team map awareness, a few jitb's in teamfights and pushing lanes so our team could do baron and clinch the victory was certainly rewarding.

The best thing about it, was my team was very supportive even when i failed completely, havent had a better and more supportive team in ranked.

Not particularly relevant to the topic but its a good thing to do if you fail completely.

Push lanes, keep pushing till the whole team comes to get you, destroy wards, apply pressure.

Then your team can farm freely and succeed when the other team is chasing you around the map.

daveiv
Dedicated Forumer
Dedicated Forumer

Forum Points : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down